The main objectives of the project are the following:
Why we decided to run an Erasmus+ project in the field of adult education and what is our “Marketing Digitally” Project all about; would you like to learn these by a glance at our project summary?
The project idea grew up combining two major considerations:
1) There is high demand for IT skills: in Europe, 756,000 jobs in the IT field are projected to be vacant by 2020 (Digital Agenda Scoreboard 2016). The paradox is that although millions of Europeans are currently without a job, companies have a hard time finding skilled digital technology experts.
2) During 2016, one out of five enterprises in the EU-28 made electronic sales. The percentage of turnover on e-sales amounted to 18 % of the total turnover of enterprises with 10 or more persons employed. In the EU-28, during the period 2008 to 2016, the percentage of enterprises that had e-sales increased by 7 percentage points and the enterprises’ turnover realised from e-sales increased by 6 percentage points.
As a result, digital strategies and developing digital key competencies can play a significant role in bridging the gap between the labour market and unemployed or low-skilled adults looking for new jobs or trying to renew their professional paths.
The project partners firmly believe that the sector of the digital market can be crucial for the development of new professions and relevant skills among adults. They need to be provided with practical competencies to build stronger careers, especially taking advantage of the digital field. In fact, the digital market competencies can be transferred and applicable in many different sectors, and maybe there is no job that does not require at least a basic ICT knowledge.
In the current world characterized by high level of unemployment, we cannot waste such opportunity.
Starting from these preliminary needs’analyses, the project “Marketing Digitally” intends to offer various educational and advisory activities on digitalization and market orientation for adults’s trainers, low skilled adults that could be (potential) entrepreneurs, based on the e-platform. This learning platform will be developed for providing the teaching materials as well as for the self-learning and consulting mode for potential and existing entrepreneurs, who would like to build up their digital and marketing skills.
We believe that such project should be carried out internationally for several reasons:
1) First, the adult education system needs to be more international, so with this project we will boost networking activities and sharing of practices in such sector;
2) The international dimension of the e-commerce and digital marketing will take advantage of the contribution of different partners coming from diverse EU countries;
3) In terms of dissemination, we will cover and reach a bigger number of Adult Institutes and stakeholders.And We have two international seminars in the frame of multiplier events .
– Develop digital skills and knowledge over the digital market of adults’ trainers, low skilled adults that could be (potential) entrepreneurs, to be better prepared for the societies’ challenges and labour market opportunities;
– to improve their ability of adapting to changes in the labour market and society;
– to develop ad-hoc tools to provide high quality learning opportunities to the adults’ sector;
– to foster awareness that adult learning contributes to promoting productivity, competitiveness, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship;
– to generally improving the quality and the international dimension of adult education staff.
The overall objective is to boost employability among adults and to reduce unemployment rates, as stated in Europe 2020 strategy.
Having all these in mind, we are realising 2 LTTs internationally by the participation of 2 trainers coming from each of the partner countries. We have 4 IOs which consist of Curricula 1, Curricula2, Preparation of training Materials and the eLearning Platform as well as the virtual eMarketing Platform.